We just finished creating some beautiful tissue Christmas trees. They're in the gym right now as part of the decorations for our concert tomorrow.
I found the idea from Jill at Mrs. T's First Grade Class.
1. I cut tissue paper into squares (they weren't exact).
2. I gave the kids white glue bottles and a letter-sized piece of paper and told them to cover it in glue.
3. They layered on their tissue paper.
4. We let it dry over night and the next day I cut their paper into triangles and rectangles.
5. They painted the sky with watered down blue tempera paint (on 11 x 14 paper).
6. Once the paint was dry they glued on their trees (we talked a bit about perspective beforehand).
7. Last step was gluing on the little dots of snow (paper circles from the office hole puncher).
Easy for Grade one students.
And here's what I heard as we were finishing up: "Mrs. Leyne, you do the coolest art! Way better than kindergarten."
Have a great week!