Inside: Some free printables. 10-frame spinners and a board game.
I have an awesome freebie for you today!
I made some 10-frame spinners and the sweetest little panda game board.
This is the PERFECT game for your kindies or first graders. 10-frames are fabulous for number sense, for learning to “see” a number (or subitize), and for learning to compose and decompose numbers.
Be sure to have your students play this game (or others like it), many many times. It’s the repetition that’s going to do the trick!
I’ll describe the game below, but first, here’s exactly what you’ll get:
- 3 large spinners (rainbow, red and black, and black and white)
- 6 half-sized spinners (same colour combos as above)
- 1 game board
The game is super easy to play, but there are a few fun variations you can try out, too.
DIRECTIONS (for 2 to 4 players):
- Print the game board. Enlarge if desired.
- Print as many spinners as needed (or share one).
- Spinners are used with a pencil and paper clip.
- Players take turns spinning the 10-frame spinner and moving that many spaces.
- The first player to finish is the winner.
- Have fun!!
- You must land exactly on “Finish” to win the game.
- If you spin 10, you lose a turn.
- If you spin 5, you get another turn.
- If you spin 1, you go back 1 space.
(Please remember, though, that my freebies are for personal and classroom use only.)
And don’t forget to check out this post where I have two other fabulous 10-frame games.
Thanks for stopping by!
Looking for some 10-frame cards for your classroom?
These cards by Learning Advantage just might fit the bill: