Here\’s how we did it:
1. Every child traced a circle on their paper using a paper plate and a black sharpie.
2. Then we did a guided drawing using black sharpies. We drew our wavy line first and then our hills and mountains. They were allowed to copy me or do their own variations.
3. The rest of the drawing was done on their own. I simply asked them to fill the ocean with sea creatures.
4. We were imagining our earth in space, so the next step was to add a sun, planets, stars and anything else that might be in space.
5. The last step was painting!
I was tempted to let them do their drawings in pencil first and then trace the lines with the sharpie. But I knew from past experience that their drawings would be too detailed which makes them tricky to trace afterwards.
A couple of kids made little mistakes and wanted to start over, but the vast majority were very happy with their first attempts.
Looking for more earth related books and activities? Just CLICK HERE!
Thanks for stopping by.