Inside: Valentine paintings in a pop art syle
Every time a new holiday rolls around it feels like my favourite. Does that happen to you, too?
Valentine\’s Day is no exception.
I just love the pinks and reds and purples and blues and all the pretty, frilly activities that go along with it.
In preparation for this long-awaited day, my students made these pretty Valentine hearts in a pop art style.
They were super easy to create and my 1st graders loved this project.
- Take a piece of 11 by 14 paper and trim to 11 by 11
- Divide into quarters
- Trace a heart in the middle of each quadrant
- Photocopy so there\’s one for each student
- Draw a different design in each heart
- Colour the hearts with oil or chalk pastels
- But sure to add as much colour as possible
- Use tempera paint to paint the background of each square in a different colour
Let me know if you give this project a try. I\’m sure your students will love it as much as mine did!