1. 1 cup of milk
2. 4 tsp. white vinegar
3. pot for heating
1. Heat the milk until it's hot (not boiling)
2. Pour the hot milk into a bowl.
3. Stir in the vinegar for about a minute.
4. Pour the milk through the strainer into a sink.
5. You'll be left with lots of goopy white lumps in the strainer.
6. Rinse the blobs in cool water.
7. When it's cool enough to handle you can press the blogs together and mold them into cool shapes!
As you know, I also like to do whole class hypotheses before beginning and I like to glue the kids' predictions on chart paper. For this experiment I would give everyone a paper milk carton to colour and put their name on. Each child would then glue theirs above the appropriate hypothesis.